Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Pyramid Head

This was a royal pain in the ass!! I'm still new to digital painting, and this wasnt the best thing to as a second painting but you'll never learn anything if you dont push yourself. I firmly believe that!
Anyway this was done in CS5 at 300 dpi, not sure what the canvas size is because i kept cropping in and out. When I color I use a lot of textures, somewhere around 5 or 6, but for this I only used 3, The pipes, the sword, and his helmet. At first I was going to just use stock pipe photos but i decided to just paint them in add as much texture as I could without texture overlay but it looked to weak with out it so I dropped in a rusty texture. I think the biggest pain about this was the chains, I used a chain brush (I think I got it from Daarken or Dave Rapoza) then went back with a very textured chalk brush and gave each and every link a highlight. I'll be seeing chains in my dreams lol.
I might start selling some prints of this but not sure yet. If you'd like one tho email me Larson.j.art@gmail.com or message me on my dA, FB, or on here.

THANKS!
LarsonJ


If you have a deviantART page +watch me http://agentofkhoas27.deviantart.com/
Watch some of my videos on Youtube! http://www.youtube.com/user/ArtofLarsonJ/videos

 Comments/Tips&Tricks are greatly appreciated!!


P.S. 
Going to be putting a few videos together of weekly tips of things I've learned for coloring and art in general 
Heres the first one! 

No comments:

Post a Comment