Friday, March 2, 2012

Joker


This is my first 100% Digital Painting. Meaning I drew it on my tablet instead of scanning in a drawing and, for lack of a better word, trace it. This is based on a very crude sketch I did back in 2008. I'm pretty happy with it I still have A LOT and I mean A LOT to learn about painting.

A little bit about painting itself. The way I did this and i think will be my process: First I started by filling the canvas with a midtone gray and then using some texture brushes I have to make a nice gritty texture. I used the default chalk brush (which I learned from Feng Zhu) at first really big to block in the the overall shape. Once the shape is there I resized the chalk brush and began to sketch out the details. The big change for me was I set Opacity to Pen Pressure, the reason this help so much was because it made drawing feel more like a pencil, the harder I press the darker the color is. I did about 2 rough passes with the chalk brush then once I felt I had the drawing down I switched to the default Hard Round Brush turned opacity off and cleaned up the line art, with my two roughs on different layers at a low opacity, to make it kinda like tracing paper.



Dont forget to LIKE me on FaceBook
+watch me on DeviantART
And last but not least Subscribe to me on Youtube to keep up with more videos of myself coloring! YouTube

Best
LarsonJ

No comments:

Post a Comment